Topic: Click on the image product

Hi All,
I am trying to use the free version of Ashop 5.4.0 and on the case of success, of corse I will pass to a full commercial version. You can find the shop at the address www.macroshop.ro . I met a problem of this version: when I click on one of the three images on the first page, an error 500 appears, internal server error. My internet provider say it is from the .htacess file. Could you help? Best Regards.

Re: Click on the image product

This is because your hosting provider does not support rewrite rules, which are used to give the product pages more human readable (and search engine friendly) URLs. If your host is unwilling to install mod_rewrite, which you need to make this work, you can change the configuration of your AShop to disable this type of URL. On the page Configuration->Shop Parameters, you will find an option labeled "SEO Friendly URLS". Turn it off and then change the already generated URLs for your existing demo products by clicking "Details" on them on the page Catalog->Edit Catalog and then empty the URL field at the top of the page to reset it.

Re: Click on the image product

Dear CEO,
I have followed up your recommendations and it worked. Thank you very much. Any way, a bit later, my internet provider said they were unable to install mod_rewrite by security reasons.