Topic: Suggestions and Upgrades

I have been using ashop for a number of years now and have some suggestions. There are so many solutions out there, some with features that I want and Ashop doesn't have, but I always come back to Ashop for its simplicity and speed. I have some suggestions for making it better.

- Multiple checkout options for customers (ups, fed, usps)
- Allowing customers to login to see the status of their orders. This would entail having a section in the admin that had order status (pending, building, shipped etc... custom fields would be nice. )
- Hosting product files on remote servers. It would be great to not have to have downloadable products in the products directory.
- A better admin section for keeping track of sales. Order status, new orders, notes, etc... A way to see orders that have been filled vs. ones that are still pending.

I am sure I have more suggestions but this is a start.

Re: Suggestions and Upgrades

I am thinking there is some waste space under the Categories List Navigation Box.
What I would like to do is to put advertizing
either text or small banners with (_blank) links Under that area.

A Place to do this in admin would work real nice. big_smile cool

You can already use that space for advertisements or any other content by using the new index.php storefront script included in the last couple of versions of the software. It is an example of how to use the various modules in AShop V to build your own storefront and it can be edited and modified using a web design tool or text editor.

Where do I find "the new index.php storefront script" ????

When you update a previous version that didn't have this file it will instead be called index.php .default. The reason is that I don't want to cause you to overwrite any custom index.php file you may have made.

I would love to see you add Google Checkout as a payment option. Most of my customers are good using Paypal, but there are others that prefer Google.